Did our Mums make us who we are? Well that's easy - Yes and No lol. I'll explain!
Was your Mum a good Mum or not? You see... my Mum was a chronic alcoholic and the pain from that runs deep and I will probably talk about this some more as the months go on. I am 50 (as you know ) and who I am is definitely because of her. I lack self confidence in my looks and body because of her, I lacked belief in my intellect because of her.
But, because she was not kind, I like to think I am, Because she was not a good mum I like to think I am. So for every negative there are two positives, but only because I took the positives - I wasn't given them.
I changed my path by being a good Mum and putting my kids first. I found my intellectual confidence by going back to school and getting my degree and post graduate qualifications and I made sure that my kids were happy, fulfilled and rounded.
What happens when you manage all that? you forget yourself along the way.
I never worried about whether I looked okay? I did not mind if I didn't get new clothes. Why would I? That's what Mums do. Isn't it?
So here I am 32 years after my eldest was born and wondering what to wear to look nice? I'm trying new things, things I would never wear, never even try. I'm trying to show you what works and eventually when I get brave I'll show you what doesn't work!! That's the idea anyway.
So tell me whether you Mum shaped your self confidence....or not?


0 Comments