I think I like shoes because they create a distraction. Like most women I would say I'm a funny shape. I am short and therefore my arms are not very long. I often have to role up sleeves because they are too long and at the same being short as well as plus size restricts me from so many clothes. Sleeves too long, trousers too long, boots not wide enough, jeans that my bum won't fit into. I've always had a big bum even in my slim days (all those years ago). Do you know it's so liberating to just be able to talk about my weight without being embarrassed or promising to loose some. I do think an open fronted cardi helps. It cuts the front of the outfit in all the right places. As always I love matching it up with the boots and they make me feel taller which is a good thing. I still can't reach the top shelf anywhere (but lets not talk about that :) )
It seems after being on Instagram since October last year that people have very strong opinions about footwear. There are those that love the heels, but don't or can't wear them, there are those that associate heels with sex and find them erotic and then there are people like me who enjoy shoes, love the way they look and more importantly love the way they make me feel. If you could see me getting into these boots you would cry laughing. These were thigh high boots that I cut off at the knee! they are non fraying material so they look fine. I have to pull, squeeze and huff and puff to get them on. My face matches the colour of the boots once they are on and then I need a cup of tea and a minute to compose myself. The things we do for fashion!! I'd love to know if I'm the only freak who goes to these lengths or whether I need psychological help!

0 Comments